Morning Meals at the Inn
New Orleans is all about food, and Ashtons Bed and Breakfast is certainly no exception! Don’t plan on dieting here; our morning meals are – in a word – decadent. Gourmet breakfasts feature hearty creations that highlight Creole, Cajun and Southern traditions.
New Orleans Breakfast Entrees
Mouthwatering entrees include enticing New Orleans favorites, such as sweet potato French toast with pecan honey-butter, Bananas Foster waffles, or Mardi Gras eggs benedict with Cajun tasso hollandaise.
Chicory Coffee and More
Top it all off with New Orleans’ own French Market chicory coffee, regular rich-roasted coffee, or tea; fresh fruit, fresh juices; and home-baked pastries.
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (dark preferred)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup banana liqueur
- 2 bananas*
- ¼ cup good rum
- Peel bananas and cut in quarters, half lengthwise, then halved
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a flambé pan or low-sided skillet. Place pan over medium heat and cook, stirring until the sugar dissolves
- Stir in the banana liqueur, then add the bananas
- When the banana sections begin to soften and brown, carefully add the rum. Once the rum gets hot and the alcohol is evaporating, tip the pan carefully to ignite the rum vapors.
- Continue stirring until the flames subside.
- Spoon the bananas and sauce over prepared belgian waffles and serve immediately.